The ISO 9001:2015 Certified Rotary Kiln & Dryer Company
Finch Manufacturing & Technology, LLC is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that Designs-Builds-Installs (D-B-I) Rotary Kilns, Dryers, and other rotary processing equipment (RPE). Our unique machinery and engineering capabilities enable us to design, machine, fabricate, and install the LARGEST EQUIPMENT and parts. We have been doing this since 1855.
In addition to designing and fabricating complete rotary kilns, dryers, and other rotary systems, Finch is a leader in producing components such as thrust rollers, trunnions, shafts, tires, drive systems, and seals. We also have the full capabilities to manufacture or fabricate small components or parts for many industries. Check our gallery for pictures of equipment we have designed or fabricated.
In 2019, customers asked us to use our years of kiln/dryer expertise to design and fabricate complex specialty kilns/dryers for chemical and healthcare research. So, we now build kilns measured in inches to 200 feet and pounds to tons.
Rotary Dryer Flighting
Let Finch help you increase the life cycle of your equipment (lower costs) and enhance your productivity (increase revenue). We provide extensive Field Service Support, from system inspections to grinding and alignment to full installation. Finch can support your organization with preventive maintenance, installation supervision, system enhancement reviews, engineering expertise, or complete project management. We now provide installation, modification, and repair to numerous heavy industries.
Rotary Kiln Fabrication
We support all OEM brands, and our parts, new or refurbished, meet, or exceed OEM standards. In addition to manufacturing new equipment, we routinely refurbish thrust rollers, trunnions, and other equipment. Our engineering department is often called upon to reverse engineer older or critical parts without drawings.
FINCH HAS A LIBRARY OF OVER 10,000 PLUS PLANS AND DRAWINGS for many different Rotary Kilns, Dryers, and associated components. We have digitized these drawings to speed up the design and manufacturing processes.
Rotary Dryer / Cooler Print
Installing a Rotary Cooler
IN A PINCH, CALL FINCH!
Our skilled machinists, knowledgeable engineers, unique equipment, and customer dedication allow Finch to accommodate urgent requests and emergency work. For instance, we manufactured and shipped a replacement trunnion in 36 hours for an emergency replacement.
Some organizations talk about quality, but we take quality seriously! As an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, it is part of every process and our DNA.
At Finch, we believe in and act in accordance with our Mission Statement:
“Provide our customers high-quality parts, equipment, and engineering services in a cost-effective & customer-focused manner that exceeds their expectations.”
Finch Production Facility
48″ Trunnion Assembly
End Plate for a Trunnion Housing
Dye Penetration Test on a Trunnion Head
Finch’s skilled engineering department works with our clients in a customer-centric manner to Design – Build – Install complex industrial systems such as replacement dryers and kilns. We have been manufacturing trunnions, thrust rollers, seals, shafts, drums, drive systems, and so much more for nearly 60 years at our West Pittston, PA, plant. As a result, we have over.
10,000 PLANS AND DRAWINGS. WE PROBABLY HAVE YOURS.
These drawings save two of your most important commodities – TIME and MONEY! If not, our engineering department can reverse-engineer your part. If we have not made your part, we have fabricated something very similar.
42″ Thrust Roller Assembly
For many customers, we have been fabricating their parts for years, and we get replacement orders with little or no coordination. One customer just asked us to manufacture a replacement for a part we built them in 1987. We still had the drawing!
Finch Manufactured Rotary Dryer
Drive System Install for Rotary Dryer
We work with thoroughly tested and stable suppliers we have visited, inspected, and most likely worked with for years. This ensures quality raw materials and reduces delays related to sourcing. These trusted relationships are even more critical in emergency projects since they will work with us to find the most expedient and cost-effective options. We recently completed a large emergency replacement project in 8 weeks by finding alternative sourcing for a gear, worked closely with our forging partner, and created a design and install plan that routinely would have taken 24 weeks to manufacture the gear!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our vendors worked closely with us to find solutions that allowed us to meet all delivery deadlines.
Rotary Dryer Leaf Seal System
15″ Trunnion Assembly
Custom Design Tire for Rotary Calciner
Rotary Dryer in Lathe
Capabilities/ Rotary Kiln & Dryer Projects
Finch possesses many different manufacturing capabilities. One customer said, “Finch can do anything with metal,” That may be true since our company can track its linage to 1855! Here is a short list of our capabilities.
- Design – Build – Install Rotary Kilns & Dryers
- Design – Build – Install other Rotary Processing Systems
- Rotary Kiln and Dryer Components – Trunnions, Thrust Rollers, Tires, Seals, etc.
- Refurbishment of Rotary Kiln and Dryer Equipment – Trunnions, Thrust Rollers, etc.
- Reverse Engineering of Equipment – Trunnions, Thrust Rollers, etc.
- Large Equipment Machining & Fabrication
- Small Metal Part & Component Manufacturing
- Rotary Kiln & Dryer Engineering & Project Management
- Small and Large On-Site Project Management
- Machine Shop/CNC Capabilities – Large & Small
- Rotary Kiln & Dryer Field Service & Repair
- Welding, Boring, Drilling, Bending & Assembly
- Other Large Industrial Machinery Fabrication & Design
Swine Pen Drawing
- Cement Rotary Kiln 12’ OD x 30’ Long Shell Section Replacement with 14’ OD Tire – (D-B-I)
- 12” OD x 16’ Long Rotary Test Kiln completed w/Base Frame & Components – (D-B-I)
- Shuttle Conveyor Systems Complete – Fabrication & Installation
- 42’ Long Agitator & Mixer Assembly – Fabrication & Installation
- Ball Mill Modernization & Replacement – Engineering, Fabrication, and Install
- 300 HP Drive System with Adjustable Base Frame – (D-B-I) for a Rotary Dryer
- UT Thickness Inspection of Rotary Kiln
- Design & Manufacturing of Rotary Seal Systems
- 9’ OD x 60’ Long Rotary Dryer System – (D-B-I)
- Metal Recycling Rotary Kilns & Base Frames
- Corporate-wide Engineering Study and Reliability Analysis of 22 Rotary Kilns and Dryers
- 5’ OD x 40’ Long Rotary Dryer – (D-B-I)
- Emergency Replacement of Rotary Ball Mill Bearing
- Machine (2) 2-piece 134” OD Replacement Tires for a Rotary Dryer– Project Mgmt & Install
- Kiln Modernization Engineering
- Rotary preheater for Glass Manufacture – Design and fabrication
- 5’ OD Rotary Trommel Mill Redesign – Engineering
- 224T Spur Gear for 10’ OD Rotary Kiln
- Refurbish 42” Thrust Roller for a Rotary Dryer
- Calciner Flange Machining & Refurbishment
- Custom Designed Automatic Lubrication Systems for Rotary Kiln Gears and Chain/Sprocket Drive Systems – (D-B-I)
- Custom Tension Rods and Custom Nuts for Rotary Crusher
- Babbitt Slide Shoes for a Cement Finish Mill
- Screw Augers of Varying Sizes
- Spur Gear Refurbishment
- Bronze Bushings & Bearings
- Rotary Ball Mill – Emergency Spur Gear Retrofitting and Install
- Engineering Study and Modernization Design for 12’ OD x 150’ Long Rotary Kiln
- Machined and Installed 158T Spur/Pinion Gear Set during an Emergency Outage
- Corporate-wide Study and Report for Best Lubrication Practices
- Machined, supplied, and Installed 152” Tire on Rotary Furnace
- Engineering Supervision of Drive System Install and Tire Remounting on a Rotary Dryer
- 87’ Coastal Patrol Boat Lifting Sling System
- Designed and Fabricated 68 Stainless Steel Modular Swine Pens for the USDA
Strengths – Why Finch?
Customers come first.
Every customer is different, but all customers expect a quality product that meets their needs and is delivered on time. Our team will diagnose the problem, find the solution, and be there with our customers to ensure it works. Being there is a critical aspect. We listen to our customers and ensure that both parties know the order’s what, when, and how. Some customers want constant communication, and others want to know when their Trunnion will be delivered.
Finch’s management team possesses hundreds of years of managerial, engineering, and manufacturing experience. Our engineering and design team has a proven project management record. It can provide the full spectrum of services from designing a single part to the more complex Design-Build-Install of a rotary kiln/dryer. Our team is often asked to reverse engineer a critical component. We closely monitor all action steps with the understanding that projects have critical paths that must be managed. We keep our customers updated regularly. Every project is reviewed in our daily Engineering and Production meeting to ensure close coordination between the engineering and manufacturing teams.
‘Quality is job one.’ As an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, Quality Control is embedded in every step or process. This starts in the proposal stage and carries through to delivery. Everything is reviewed at least twice, from plans, materials, and validating dimensions in the manufacturing process. Before shipping, your part is reviewed thoroughly and inspected.
Our facility can manufacture even the largest and most complicated components or systems. In the last few years, we have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in improving and upgrading our facility and equipment to increase our production speed and capabilities.
Finch possesses some of the US’s largest vertical and horizontal boring mills. We maintain and utilize all kinds of traditional equipment to fabricate nearly any component. There will be no delays in manufacturing since we do not rely on one means to complete a specific process. We possess a 750-ton Wheel Press machine, one of the largest, that has pressed auger & stone crusher shafts, & the shafts out of the largest Trunnions!
Our team is available 24/7. Downtime is very damaging and costly. Finch offers on-site machining, welding, emergency repairs, and other services to reduce your downtime and get you back up and running. Our customers know we will get on the next flight to assist them with a critical problem and provide a timely solution.
We also offer rotary system inspections to optimize the efficiency and productivity of your unit. Our engineers will work on-site and engage with our customers to find the right approach that meets their needs.