Worked closely to design and replace outdated base frame, damaged trunnions, & obsolete housings from a mid-20th century cement kiln. This project also included designing, fabricating, & installing replacement tire mounting systems for two tires and repairing existing mounting systems on six other tires ensuring proper cold gap.
- Fabricated steel base frame for use with existing concrete foundation. Designed to maintain critical centerlines and included removable adjustment blocks.
- Refurbished trunnion housings (pressure tested, inspected, chased threads, cleaned, painted, etc.) with new bronze bushings, bronze thrust buttons, seals, and hardware.
- Refurbished 48” OD x 26” trunnion rollers with 16” OD shafts by skim cutting face and bearing journals true and matching OD’s. Shafts were also UT tested for cracks.
- Designed & fabricated (2) floating pad systems; one for each kiln.
- Designed & fabricated end keeper shims to remount (6) tires.
- Installation management included:
- Removed antiquated trunnions, housings, and base frame.
- Installed new base frame and refurbished trunnions and housings.
- Removed/installed new floating pad tire mounting system.
- Repositioned (6) tires and installed end keeper shims
- Surface ground tires and trunnions
- Performed alignment.