A turnkey proposal to design and fabricate new supporting inlet & discharge base frames with new trunnion roller assemblies, thrust roller assemblies, two 10’ diameter tires with floating pad mounting systems, and to provide engineering support throughout the upgrade and start-up. Trunnion bearings were upgraded from bronze bushings to roller bearings, improving the operating efficiency.
- Engineering site visit to confirm all dimensions and customer needs
- Designed replacement system which included confirming bearings were adequate to support system and performing calculations for thermal expansion and tire cold gap
- Developed installation plan to limit impact on customer’s production and provide drawings for customer’s approval
- Fabricated thrust and non-thrust base frame pedestals for installation on existing concrete piers
- Reduced spare equipment inventory by standardizing replacement trunnions and thrust rollers with other dryers on-site
- Designed and fabricated (2) 10’ diameter tires and floating pad mounting systems, (4) trunnion roller assemblies with pillow block bearings, and (2) thrust roller assemblies
- Engineering support throughout install, dryer alignment, and start-up