Finch worked closely with the customer and used old drawings and site measurements to design an enhanced replacement dryer. This was a complete system replacement to include drive system, supporting base frame, trunnions, and thrust rollers.
- Drum 6’ x 36’ Long
- Includes spiral flighting at the entrance to drum and lifters throughout
- Shop-mounted tires and floating pad systems
- Shop Mounted Drum sprocket with angle iron mounts
- 30 HP SEW Gearmotor and pinion sprocket to drive drum at 8.7 RPM
- A 200 roller chain with an adjustable base for axial alignment and transverse movement to the tension chain
- Fits the current concrete base
- Supporting Base Frames, Trunnions, and Thrust Rollers
- Fits the current concrete base and frames are machined to ensure bearings are in place to maximize bearing life
- Trunnion assemblies – 15” diameter x 7-1/2” forged and hardened trunnions
- Modified Finch 12” Thrust Rollers
- Designed for a combustion Webster HDRV natural gas burner which was chosen to reduce lead time from 52 to 12 weeks
- This project was completed in 16 weeks and was on budget and ahead of schedule.
- During site visits, it was determined that the existing outlet hood could be utilized to save money.